Bothwell to Souris
21 km, 6 to 8 hours, rated easy to moderate. Mostly flat terrain with a few rolling hills.
From Bothwell, take a walk to Basin Head Beach, home of the world-famous singing sands, it’s truly a sight to see and hear! In recent years, Basin Head has been on the top of the Best Beach in Canada list on various travel and tourism websites more than once. When you see it, you’ll know why.
After the beach, plan to stop at the Basin Head Fisheries Museum to learn more about the story of PEI’s historic inshore fishery with their displays and exhibits that will take you back in time. During the summer months enjoy lunch while watching brave swimmers jump off the Basin Head bridge.
Next, you’ll walk along some peaceful red dirt roads and quiet side streets and arrive in Souris, known as the friendly seaside town. Souris is a bustling tourist destination and has lots of options for things to do. One great restaurant option with a fabulous view is 21 Breakwater. For more information, visit the town’s website. We recommend stopping in at the Souris Beach Gateway Park just past Waypoint 24. This beach is well known as a great source for discovering sea glass, clam digging and swimming. There you will find The Poke Shack with great Island tuna and seafood poke bowls.
– GOOGLE MAP LINKS –
Section 24 Amenities
in order of appearance
Packed lunch is required.
- Elliott’s General Store
- Chubby Fish Inc. Restaurant
- Just For You Massage Therapy
- Singing Sands Inn Motel and Wishing Tree Walk
- Red Point Provincial Park Campground (nearby)
- Keus Bed and Breakfast
- A Place to Stay Inn (nearby)
- Tim Hortons Souris*
- Shanty Stay Accommodations (nearby)
- 21 Breakwater Restaurant (nearby)
- Chapel Suites
Points of Interest:
- Basin Head fisheries museum
- Magdalen Island Ferry
- St Mary’s Catholic Parish Church
- During summer there is a small resto and ice cream at Basin Head
- Various dinner options in the Town of Souris
*Free Wifi available