Alberton to Portage
25 km, 8 to 10 hours, rated easy to moderate. A few gentle hills, then mostly flat terrain.
Views of quiet bays and harbours at Cascumpec, then back on the Confederation Trail.
Start the day in Alberton and savour those harbour views for a moment before heading towards the next waypoint, Portage! If you’d like to spend some extra time in the Alberton area, check out the Old Alberton Railway Station, it’s worth visiting. We recommend a packed lunch for this segment of the trail.
Take the road less travelled and enjoy the views of the little bays and harbours as well as many lovely looking homes overlooking the beaches in this area.
– GOOGLE MAP LINKS –
Section 12 Amenities
in order of appearance
Packed lunch is required.
- Independent Grocer
- Alberton Bakery & Cafe
- Irving Kwik-Way Convenience
- The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy
- La Petite France B&B
- Briarwood Coastal Cottages & Lodge* – PARTNER
3.5 Stars | 1-888-272-2246
– Supper options and grocery available in community
– Transportation available at waypoints: 11 and 12
– Some dog friendly units are available
- Cascumpec General Store antiques and collectibles
Points of Interest:
- Old Alberton Railway station
- Alberton Side Trip to Northport Pier, Harbourside Take-Out, Northport Pier Inn for supper/lodging.
*Free Wifi available