Summerside to Wellington
22 km, 6 to 8 hours, rated easy to moderate. Flat terrain.
A quiet walk along the tree-lined Confederation Trail. This walk includes the longest straight stretch on the Confederation Trail – 11 km!
As you leave Summerside, the City by the Sea, you will trade stunning ocean views for the glorious feeling of the trees hugging in on you! The walk from Summerside to Wellington is a quiet tree-lined 22 km trek on the Confederation Trail. This segment is the longest, straightest stretch on the Confederation Trail – 11 km.
A packed lunch is recommended for this section as there will be no eating establishments until you get to the Acadian community of Wellington. Once in Wellington, you’ll be able to enjoy dinner at Chez Char, La Lobster Shack, or Wellington Pizza & Seafood. You’ll also find a CO-OP in Wellington which will allow you to stock up on essential supplies if needed! If you have some extra time, Wellington is a small but sweet community to explore!
– GOOGLE MAP LINKS –
Section 5 Amenities
in order of appearance
Packed lunch required as there are no eating establishments between Summerside and Wellington.
- Loyalist Country Inn and Conference Centre – PARTNER
4 Stars | 1-800-361-2668
– Supper on site
– Supper in the community
– Transportation available
- Samuel’s Coffee House
- The Sunset Room – PARTNER (nearby)
- Moment’s Cafe
- Linkletter Provincial Park
- Holman’s Ice Cream Parlour – PARTNER
- House of Spice Restaurant (nearby)
- Warm House Bed and Breakfast – PARTNER (nearby)
4 Stars | 1-866-248-3405
– Take away lunch available
– Supper available in community
– Transportation available at waypoints: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17.
- The Old Mills Park
- Murphy’s Wellington Pharmacy
- Wellington Co-op
- Chez Island Family Restaurant (nearby)
*Free Wifi available