Wellington to McNeil Mills
23 km, 7 to 9 hours, rated easy to moderate. Flat terrain.
Confederation Trail walking through small communities along the way.
The segment of the trail between Wellington and McNeil Mills will have you walking through some lovely tiny Island communities including Northam and Ellerslie. If you happen to see anyone out driving, be sure to give them a wave as we can almost guarantee they’ll wave back! Islanders are known for waving, no matter if they know people or not, it’s practically ingrained in us! A packed lunch is recommended for this section as there will be no eating establishments on this stretch of the Island Walk.
– GOOGLE MAP LINKS –
Section 6 Amenities
in order of appearance
- The Old Mills Park
- Murphy’s Wellington Pharmacy
- Wellington Co-op
- Chez Island Family Restaurant (nearby)
- Esso (nearby)
- Richmond Bakin Express Coffee
- Backwoods Burger – Craft Beer Cookhouse (nearby)
- Tyne Valley Teas Cafe (nearby)
- Ellerslie Rite Stop Convenience Store
- Bideford Parsonage Museum
*Free Wifi available