Christopher Cross to Anglo Tignish
20 km, 6 to 8 hours, rated easy to moderate. Flat, can be windy.
A road walk past windmills, then spectacular views of cliff formations, Black Marsh, and North Cape lighthouse. Part of Black Marsh Nature Trail.
There is a shoal off North Cape that runs 1 km offshore. Lobster boats give the Cape a wide berth so they don’t share the same fate as hundreds of other small boats which have sunk here during sudden storms.
The North Cape Wind Energy Interpretive Centre and wind farm.
There’s a nice restaurant in the North Cape Gift Shop and Wind and Reef Restaurant, but you should check the hours. Otherwise, pack a lunch.
Section 9-10 Amenities
in order of appearance
Packed lunch is required.
- Wind & Reef Seafood Restaurant
- Shore Shak Takeout Restaurant
- Island’s End Motel (nearby)
- Gaudet’s By The Sea Cottage
Points of Interest:
- Great red cliff formations
- The Black Marsh Trail
- North Cape Lighthouse
- The North Cape Wind Energy Interpretive Centre and wind farm
- Restaurant in the North Cape Gift Shop
- Wind and Reef Restaurant (check the hours)
*Free Wifi available